<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

ok.. I'll admit I thought this out more than 3 weeks ago, but never bothered to update anyone about my enlightened state of mind until now. The realisation is this:

Dating, in general, for me, is like warm chocolate cake.

Here's my reasoning:

You know the kind of cake I'm talking about? The ones with the warm gooey, chocolatey, oh-so-sinful centres. Those kind. Since they've entered the menus of countless retaurants in Singapore, it's become one of the in things to eat; everyone wants to eat it, not because of the cake itself, but because it's the warm chocolate cake. So everyone wants to eat it, most want to anyway; those who don't can't be bothered with fads. So you want to try it, just once, even if it's a tiny bit of the cake; you want to try it becaue its just the cake that everyone's been raving about. Those who've tried either fall in love with it, or there are some who swear off it afterwards. But anyway, I digress. The kind of people who I think are like me (in the dating context) are the ones who are so desperate for a taste of cake they don't really care if its good or bad. So the minute the oppourtunity for cake arises, they jump at it. But unfortunately, in my case, the cake wasn't really all that good. So I kind of got played out on that one. But what I've realised is that it's actually ok. Because I've already tried the warm chocolate cake, I already know what it tastes like. The desperate want for cake has been quenched. As such, I no longer have a burning desire for cake (I hope you're getting this allusion, or you'll be lost for now). A vague curiosity, yes, about what good cake tastes like, but I don't have to try it again until I'm sure. Until I find a cake that looks good and has potential. So, for now, no cake for me. (I mean figuratively. Much as I value my diet, I love [real-life] cake.)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?